职场社交英语17

2025-06-07 22:22:43

【网络综合 - 英语口语试题】

Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn&#泌驾台佐39;t she?

艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?

Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.

玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。

Elvin: What's it like to work with her?

艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?

Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.

玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。

Elvin: Tell me about it.

艾文: 这还用说。

Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.

玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。

Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.

艾文: 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。

语言详解

A: Your mother is so demanding!

你妈妈的要求真高!

B: That's what my dad always says.

我爸爸也总是这么说。

【around the clock 日以继夜】

由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。

A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?

佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?

B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.

我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。

A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.

换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。

B: You're right.

你说对了。

1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。

2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的

3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。

声明:本网站引用、摘录或转载内容仅供网站访问者交流或参考,不代表本站立场,如存在版权或非法内容,请联系站长删除,联系邮箱:site.kefu@qq.com。
相关推荐
  • 阅读量:44
  • 阅读量:28
  • 阅读量:24
  • 阅读量:64
  • 阅读量:23
  • 猜你喜欢